Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Infinite scroll strips out my other scripts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    learningcurves
    Participant

Hello! I’m new here. Anyway, I have this site where I implemented the infinite-scroll plugin by Paul Irish. It works fine and all but the problem is that once I load a new page, all my other jquery plugins stop working.

I have searched and I found out that the reason the infinite scroll doesn’t work with other jquery plugins, is because it uses the .load method and that jquery itself strips out all script tags. And the author of the plugin wrote that you had to callback the functions and append them by using the function below

function( newElements ) {

Now I don’t know any jquery but on one of my plugin, you had to invoke it by calling this code

$(‘.stickem-container’).stickem();

so I tried to put it there and now the code looks like this

At first this didn’t change a thing. So I tried to use chrome’s inspect element and suddenly everything worked. But only until I refreshed the page, once I did that I had to use chrome’s inspect element before everything worked again. And I can’t tell if I am on the right track cause everything works perfectly once I use chrome’s inspect element. Anyone that have used or know about infinite scroll that can put me on the right path?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.