Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Infinite left color block in CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    griffinjt

I need to have an infinite color block go to the left, but it needs to stop at a particular point on the right. Here is the link:

http://shinc.tgmtestserver.com/

The gray color block beside the logo needs to extend infinitely to the left, to must stop when it reaches the logo. How in the world can I accomplish this? I’m stumped.

TheDoc

Off the top of my head, you’d have to create a massive image, say… 3000px wide. Put in on the body and position it top/center.

standuncan

I would probably use the body bg color of black, and then use a large image (small in file size .gif) about 90x6000px wide and put it in a div and position it relative or absolute where it needs to be. It won’t be infinite, but will should be enough.

TheDoc

@standuncan – but then you’re creating scroll bars if I’m reading what you’re thinking correctly.

standuncan

Or instead, leave it the way you have it now, and just use a 90x1px slice and repeat it in that div you have a set width and height too. Position it to where it lines up with your H1 now. This would be much smaller in file size and quicker to load.

standuncan

Oh yeah. Damn I should stop commenting today. I need sleep lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.