Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Indexed PNG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    photomoon

I have tried to find out what the "indexed PNG" is and how can I get one with photoshop cs3 or cs4, witthout luck. Know how to save a "normal" png, but don´t get how to get other options.

Any help? 8-)

tafkanator
    Participant
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    Quote:
    …I also then like to optimise the image in fireworks…

As you mentioned that Photoshop does not do as good work as fireworks do. Fireworks compresses images better. So for same quality you get smaller image size. There was a tp in tv.adobe.com i saw while ago. So some habbits are good ones. :)

photomoon

Hmm.. How do I do a indexed png i photoshop cs3/4?

photomoon

Yeah, and I know there is ways to do it, just in PS, but haven´t got any help yet how to do it. :)
    Tried to google without luck.

photomoon

Okey, I do understand what you said (many times :oops: ) and I perhaps don´t describe my problem so good. It is in IE6 that the background is still white (even though I have hided the background layer). Googled around and some where I saw that people save the image in png-8 (save for web). After try doing that, my picture became totally wrong (outlook). Now I wondering if you could explain more about differences between png-24 och png-8 and where I perhaps doing something wrong…? :roll:

Rob MacKay
    Participant

No – you are doing everything right. IE6 does not support transparent PNGs, you need to use a fix.

The one I use is http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/ this one does not support positional background images though, although there are others out there – I am sure people can recommend. :)

photomoon

Thanx! :)

Isn´t it possible to do it somehow in an "imageprogramme" (ps, gimp,etc)?
    I have got the impression that IE fix is not necessary, just some more work with an "imageprogramme"?
    What do you mean by "positional background images" (position:relative or absolute?)?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

background-position: is a property in CSS that places the background image inside the element to where you need it to be. If you do not want it to repeat for example, but you want it in a specific place… It’s kind of like position as in you use top/left positioning within it.

Have a look here for more info and examples: http://w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?file … e_position

As for the image transparency – no. IE6 wont support alpha transparent PNGs. You either need to use the fix or create a GIF alternative. Personally I would use the fix. :)

diablero13

IMHO the best solution for IE6 PNG translucency is http://www.dillerdesign.com/experiment/DD_belatedPNG/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.