Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS In dire need of relative/absolute positioning help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    meowseum

I am rather new to HTML/CSS and am taking on a project that I seem to be making much more difficult than it needs to be!

I would like to create links on top of my image (which is a table background) so I was attempting to overlay each link where it belongs on the background, which was working alright until I resize the page and the links stay fixed while the rest of the page moves. I have them all positioned relative, but I must have done something very wrong!

Could anyone possibly assist me in picking apart this mess, or provide me with a much easier solution to my little conundrum?

You can view the page here: http://www.schrodermarine.net/home.html

All help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Kirsten

noahgelman
    Participant

Any particular reason why you are using tables? Tables should never be used to shape structure and the practice of using it for that purpose has long since been outdated.

meowseum

I noted that, and was trying every way I knew possible, but I gave in with hopes that it could solve all my problems. I’m simply very desperate and at a loss for options! I am in the process of going back to square one – without tables… I do hope.

Mottie

I think this page named “Learn CSS Positioning in ten steps” sums up how positioning works very nicely.

But in all honesty, you should rethink the layout of that page. What @kgscott284 shared does work though.

meowseum

Thank you very very very much, kgscott!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.