Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Improvements?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stoobs3k

Check this out and tell me what I could be doing from both a web and design points of view.

http://stoobs.com/dreamweaver/finalproject/index.html

Thanks

ikthius

i would have website designs in stead of what you have, I think it would just read better.

It is simple and clean, which is good, maybe a lot of space on the header.

I would change thte hover effect on your links to something different, I don’t think it is in keeping with the tab you have, maybe have tabs for all, but change the colour of the ones not in use & for hover, a bit like play.com does… like a blue tab with grey text as standard, then a highlight glowing effect from the text on hover???

TheDoc

Overall it’s not bad, but it’s very flat. Nothing pops. For me, color treatment is right up there with typography. You could have the greatest design in the world, but if those two things fail, the site as a whole fails.

Something on the site needs to jump out at the user, I didn’t really know where to start reading.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

if you have a design that is quite clean, where the text defines really kinda defines the structure, you really need to align stuff.

it would look 100x better if your typography worked for you.

What I would do is pretty much line up your header, menu, content, footer, so you have a nice clean line down the page, then bring your font size of your content down to about 0.8em (12px) then a line height of about 1.5em.

add a bit of margin-bottom to your H3’s to give em a bit of room

Your H1 tag should really only be used once on the page, at the top in your header, its better for SEO – then use H2 for your "Design Studio" headers, and then H3 like you have.

well done with the Menu – nice UL with no wrapping div :) good to see – and sprites :D

One last thing, dont use margin to position things where you need them – use the css "position", You will have far less issues later on if you get used to using that… :)

I must say I really do like the design of the site – it feels sleek and smooth, however I can suggest some changes. I would make the menu item’s text smaller to make it appear less bulky. Also I would change the blue to be slightly brighter and lastly I would add a logo to the top – the site totally lacks images! Never a good thing.

But like I said I do like the site and I think it looks really professional.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.