Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Impressed by the skinning phpbb!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twenty
    Participant

Hi guyes, i really liked the video you posted about skinning phpbb into your worldpress theme. But since i don’t know jack about css, html or whatever it’s a big blur to me. Obviously my templates looked alot different, and it was about then my confident was digging underground.

So bassicly, I would like to ask, if maybe someone could help me with this for a few dollars? I’ve got a orginal wordpress theme… that i want to vissualy intergrate my phpbb forum into.

James
    Participant

Integration of such to seamlessly match each other will not appeal for a “few” dollars. Sorry dude. Posting some links to what you’re talking about would be nice, then maybe we can help.

twenty
    Participant

https://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/48-skinning-phpbb/

Like he do on this Video. “Embedd the forum” into a WordPress page instead of opening new window or whatever.

James
    Participant

PS, welcome to CSS-Tricks. :)

Now..

Can you not just follow the tutorial? It’s pretty self explanatory. Learning is the key to success.

twenty
    Participant

I tried to follow it, but you must understand I’m a total beginner. And ofcourse i would like to learn…. but I don’t even know where to start.

I don’t even know what css is…And i assume i need this thing called childtheme ?

When i opened my Header, I got a shock.

It’s all to much to grasp. But any tip where to begin to learn? When i look into my header and search “wrap”, there was no secton with that word nemtioned.( AS it was in the video)

So how could you ever figure out what to copy ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.