Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS img wont repeat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hantaah
    Participant

I have an image here that I want to repeat on y so that it extends when you add more content. I’ve placed a repeat inline style but it just wont repeat

what am I doing wrong?

here is the newsletter, you can see which ones need to be repeated

http://www.islamincardiff.com/?newsmethod=_newsletters_system&id=3&mailinglist_id=&subscriber_id=70&authkey=20f07591c6fcb220ffe637cda29bb3f6

Paulie_D

Oh…this is an email.

You won’t be able to use bg images unless you apply them in the `style` section of your HTML.

Inline really isn’t appropriate here.

I’d suggest MailChimp here, excellent value service with loads of free templates.

Senff
    Participant

Actually, beg to differ on the inline — for email newsletters, that only adds to compatibility, in my opinion. Though, I tend to go a bit overboard sometimes and do stuff like this:

Text with a link to somewhere and stuff.

Although I second @Paulie_D’s comment that MailChimp (or other services) would be recommended, if you do have to use your own templates, don’t use background images: versions of Outlook don’t support that at all. So any table cell that needs a repeating image: avoid.

For images, stick with IMG tags, and for backgrounds, stick with just colors.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.