Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Images with description align

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

A while ago I’ve seen a very clever way of aligning images with text under it, I believe it was on this site but I haven’t been able to find it back.
    Could someone point me to the right page or maybe explain how to get this desired effect?
    Imgur

Paulie_D

That’s a little vagues.

Could you explain a little more?

Was it perhaps use of a figure and figcaption?

Atelierbram
    Participant

Yes, could be many things. Did you watch Chris’ latest screencast, … the codepen demo of it

It was a fluid / float design that had images grouped with text, it basically starts with the float: left; part for them but they managed to align them with the bottom of the images and the top of the text (example with baseline: Imgur)
    i’m not sure anymore if they used a vertical align or made them behave like table elements but i thought it was a vertical align.

Paulie_D

Hmm…don’t recall ever seeing an alignment like that….the alignment is easy enough but I’m assuming non-fixed heights for the text….that could be awkward.

Paulie_D

Actually..it was easier than I thought but the positioning of the text makes the design non-responsive without further adaptations.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/mupqo

I’m wondering about display: table-cell;….

Atelierbram
    Participant

Was thinking about maybe an updated flexbox article, maybe not this one mmm, this one, which uses text, seems more likely,

Paulie_D

Flexbox seems like it should solve this but it’s the alignment of the elements that would be a tricky bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.