Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Images not indenting when aligned to left.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

See: http://aarongmoore.com/video/

Alright so what I want is each image to appear under the other, with the text to the right. I’m not sure why it’s displaying like it is. Also, it seems that the spacing is different from Firefox to Chrome/Safari.

How do I fix this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think I’ve worked with anything like that before, sounds more efficient though. I would appreciate it if you would explain a bit more on how I would use an unordered list styled with CSS to create what I’m trying to do. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What would I do in the css with swimming-lessons to get it to align to the left of the text?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure, I think it would be:

Swimming Lessons (2010)

blahblahblahblah

The rel is for the MediaBoxAdvanced lightbox code.

TheDoc

Keep in mind that it wouldn’t be the h1 tag – that is reserved for the title of the page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh. One second.

Alright, the following is now posted and live on my site:

Swimming Lessons (2010)

This video short is about a man trying to say goodbye to his past. Based on the screenplay by David Oliver. This is the last dramatic project I made as part of my BFA.

A Star Crossed Echo (2009)

Part psychological thriller, part ghost story. This video short follows a man who is haunted by the memory of a lover who left his life.This is my BFA third year project.

jamygolden

Also, that HTML is invalid.

Unordered lists always have List Items as children.

The general syntax is:

A valid example of the above would be:

• Swimming Lessons (2010)

blahblahblahblah

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, updated to:

• Swimming Lessons (2010)

This video short is about a man trying to say goodbye to his past. Based on the screenplay by David Oliver. This is the last dramatic project I made as part of my BFA.

• A Star Crossed Echo (2009)

Part psychological thriller, part ghost story. This video short follows a man who is haunted by the memory of a lover who left his life.This is my BFA third year project.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome, thank you so much!

I’ve tweaked it a bit to get the look I’m after. However, I noticed two problems.

First, the text begins nicely aligned with the top of the image in Firefox and that’s how I want it. Yet in Chrome and Safari it’s indented a line or so.

Second, the text seems to start a few pixels further to the left in the second image than it does in the first.

I’ve taken a screen shot to show what I mean:
    http://aarongmoore.com/Picture1.png

Something similar is happening with my contact form. In Chrome and Safari it looks good yet in Firefox the message box is pushed down too far, seen here:
    http://aarongmoore.com/Picture2.png

Is there a way to fix these problems?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.