Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ImageOptim is darkening/saturating images?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rugg
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using **ImageOptim** to batch compress images (jpg/png) for the web. The compression functionality seems to make the images noticeably smaller in file size, but I recently noticed after the compression is complete…the images appear much darker and more saturated. I’ve looked in the app settings hoping there could be a simple solution for the fix…unfortunately there wasn’t.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue before? If so, is there a proper fix? Lastly…if there is a better method or app for batch compressing images…I’m all ears.

Source: http://imageoptim.com

Thank you

iknowdavehouse
    Participant

No doubt a colour profile issue…I had the same problem myself and went back to photoshop. Still not entirely clear but I often forget to change my proof colour profile in PS to web and tick “proof colours”. I am often surprised when I save for web I think I’m getting the wrong colours – however I’m not, the colours are right but the document I was working on to make them was rendering wrong. There are a few factors to consider – if somethings come in from a CMYK profile you will have better luck with sRGB. If you were on a RGB profile to start with then no colour conversion.

Also PS has a batch re-sizer / compressor – File / Scripts / Image Processor. However ImageOptim was pretty cool and easy to use. I may have a look at it again with this issue in mind.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.