Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Image scale/cut

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jwkscholte
    Participant

hello,

In my website I use a portfolio in chrome and firefox an image get gut of if it ain’t square but in safari the image changes. Does any of you know the answer?

http://codepen.io/jwks/pen/vOGybL

Paulie_D

in chrome and firefox an image get gut of if it ain’t square but in safari the image changes

It’s not clear what you are trying to do. Could you clarify?

jwkscholte
    Participant

I want it in safari to cut too.

Paulie_D

I can’t tell what you are trying to do…saying you need it “cut” in safari isn’t clear.

It doesn’t seem “cut” to me at all.

I realise we may have a language barrier here but if I don’t understand how this is supposed to look, I can’t really help you.

Are you trying to make all images square even if they don’t start that way?

jwkscholte
    Participant

I’ve got images witch are like 250px width and 180px heigt but they need te be 180px width and 180px heigt. In Chrome and firefox the edges get cut of and in safari the perspective changes that’s not how I want it.
    http://jwkscholte.nl/nieuw/Cartoon.html

Paulie_D

Well they look square in Safari 5 on my W7 desktop although it does look like you have a lot of extra stuff in the Codepen that isn’t related to the supposed issue.

Any chance you could simplify the Codepen down to the specific issue?

We are talking about the “owl”…right?

jwkscholte
    Participant

It’s square but the images are pushed together. but the edges needs to be cut off.

(Safari 7)

Paulie_D

Can’t test in Safari 7 so I can’t help you there….but all I see in Chrome are square Owl pictures with rounded corners.

Still not clear on what this is supposed to look like….I don’t suppose you have an image of what the finished items should look like do you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.