Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Image not looking correct on mobile device

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JamiePattison
    Participant

Very new with responsive design and design in general but picking up knowledge here and there.

I picked up a free template online which has a responsive design (https://html5up.net/future-imperfect). I made a small adjustment to the top of the site to include a full width image (no size restrictions). This looks great on a PC/tablet but on a mobile device it seems to shrink the image. If you resize your browser on the above link you will notice how it adjusts the image accordingly but the image i have (dimensions of approx 1900x 860) doesnt work the same way.

I can provide a link but before doing that can anyone advise the minimal things i could check? i.e. the image must have XYZ class etc or wrapped around a certain div etc?

Paulie_D

A link is going to be your best option showing the issue. If you are swapping out a “featured image” you will have to make sure that it has the classes “image” and “featured”.

JamiePattison
    Participant

I have added a new class (.newWrapper) hoping there is no inheritance issue but you will notice how the image “shrinks” to fit when the browser is resized to a mobile device

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.