Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS image border

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kb2tfa

I don’t know if this is the image border or not.

On the left page-curl image background for that div, it seems to show a line around box

img in css has border set to none.

here is the url, and the source files are linked for viewing.
    http://ronguilmet.uuuq.com/css%20floats/

I am new to CSS, and I’m playing around with layouts. So it’s ugly just to see what I can get the page to do.

kb2tfa

Sorry, that’s important.

Firefox, ubuntu 9.04

kb2tfa

I just installed Opera, and it’s not there.

However it’s on the firefox. I noticed the firefox is not the most current. Maybe that’s it. I’ll fireup gimp and get a screenshot.

updated with screenshot attached[attachment=0]screenshot.gif[/attachment]

kb2tfa

I look into the whitespace.

I upgraded to firefox 3.5, and it’s still there.

apostrophe
    Participant

I downloaded your image and checked it out in photoshop and can’t see a problem with it.

I also have an old laptop with a partitioned hd and I run Ubuntu 8.04 on one half of that. I just checked out your page on that in Firefox (3.0.1) and there is no line showing around the image. Could it be a problem with your monitor? I’ve had a hell of a game trying to find compatible drivers for the nvidia graphics card on the laptop, that’s why I’m still on 8.04, upgrading leaves me with a black screen.

Anybody else with Ubuntu want to take a quick peek? Lines or no lines?

Malice

Here is a stretch but something to check.

Is it possible you have a background color set to black(or some other dark color) and a left-margin of 1 and top-margin of 1 while your width is an absolute size? Meaning you have a absolute width of say 60px but since your image has a left-margin of 1 and a top margin of 1 with a black background it’s being bumped to the right and down by a pixel simulating the one pixel left and top borders?

I hope I didn’t confuse more with my horrible attempt at a description.

kb2tfa

apostrophe you may be right. I think it might be the laptop which is dell geared for windows.

ikthius, I’ll check out the link. thank you.

You’re right, I’m not gonna worry to much about it, it’s not a deal breaker. Right now, I just trying to learn CSS.

After reading some books, watching Chris’ videos, I thought I had a good understanding of CSS.

But wow, you code something to think it’s right, and it’s not. LOL

Thanks again for all your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.