Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End iinclude-page read on styling (WordPress)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jerm993

As some of you might know from previous questions, I’m working on my portfolio; yes i know it’s taking a long time, I do have a full-time job and a gaming addiction to take care of… Anyway i’m newer to WordPress, i wanted to include a little exerpt about myself on the homepage so i used the iinclude page plugin worked well exept i’ve had troubles getting the read on link to work properly. Where is it that i edit the <?php the_content(”) ?> to change the text of that plugin? Or How?

A look at the site is better then my ramblings:
    http://www.jeremycarlsten.com

Edit: After reading through that i realize it was worded really badly, The question is when using the Improved include page plugin where is it that you change the text for the Read on >> link?
    Thanks in Advance,
    Jeremy Carlsten

doobie

I’m not sure about that plugin… but you can change the read more text a few ways. The easiest of which is:

Code:
    the_content("Read more, mo fo!");

read more here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More

Jerm993

I knew that wasn’t it, I ended up contacting the guy who wrote the plugin, it’s included in the php function like so

<?php iinlude_page(about,’more=Read On…’,’displayStyle=DT_TEASER_MORE’)>

squarecandy
    Participant

I love this plug in. There are extensive notes in the comments of the plugin file on how to use the parameters.

function iinclude_page ( int $post_id, [string params]) - include page with corresponding post_id

Parameters:

displayTitle (boolean) - toggle title display
      titleBefore/after (string) - string to display before and after the title
      displayStyle (integer constant) - one of the following:
        DT_TEASER_MORE - Teaser with 'more' link (default)
        DT_TEASER_ONLY - Teaser only, without 'more' link
        DT_FULL_CONTENT - Full content including teaser
        DT_FULL_CONTENT_NOTEASER - Full content without teaser
      allowStatus (string) - comma separated list of allowed statuses (default = publish)
      allowType   (string) - comma separated list of allowed post types (default = page)
      more (string) - text to display for the 'more' link

Note:

In order to avoid parse errors you should call the function in the followind way:

if(function_exists('iinclude_page')) iinclude_page($post_id, [params]);

NOTE: This plugin was modified by Jess Planck ( http://www.funroe.net/ ) to use the "post_name" and to clear and reassign the $post array when used on pages that have a "Loop"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.