Get a free trial // Grow your CSS skills // Land your dream job

IE9 Cufon?

  • # October 24, 2011 at 5:26 pm

    I think this has been hindering me for a while but I just noticed it.. Is there any specific reason my cufon replaced headings disappear in IE9 i tried


    but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

    Thanks for any help.

    # October 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm

    A while back when IE9 came out, the version of Cufon that was current at the time had a major issue w/ IE9. They released a new version right after to fix the problem. In short, make sure you are using the most recent version of Cufon.

    # October 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm

    I had to fix a bunch of sites in a hurry back when it happened. That’s probably your issue if the cufon text isn’t visible in IE9.

    Also, check out Typekit.

    # November 1, 2011 at 3:06 pm

    Sorry for such a delayed response here. I struggled with it for a while after posting this and also stumbled upon the most recent version of cufon which fixed my problem… I used a combination of the new library and

    I dont think the second part is 100% necessary but it helps eliminate some of the quirks between IE8 and IE9

    # December 29, 2012 at 10:21 am

    The IE9 Conditional statement works great in most of the cases. Try placing it before Cufon.replace() calls.

    # December 29, 2012 at 10:25 am

    Bro, Cufon is terrible, do yourself a favour and start using @font-face.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed