Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE8 Menu Position

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dohanlon

Hi there. A buddy and I made some light scaffolding for a web page we made and posted it up. Looks good in most browsers, but there’s something in IE8 which makes a styled unordered-list-menu appear above where it should be and in an odd order.

Compare:
    Firefox
    http://qkpic.com/14e32

IE 8
    http://qkpic.com/e20af

Anyone familiar with what causes this?

(Will post code as soon as I get my hands on the updated CSS/HTML)

cybershot
    Participant

well it is a code issue, but there is no way to tell you how to fix it without the code. A link to the site would be better. firebug would be very useful for fixing this kind of issue

dohanlon

Hi, Cybershot! And thanks for the reply. The site is now up at http://www.rogue-circle.com

Because I’m a forum newb I feel like I should ask what the etiquette is for posting code? Would I just post it straight into the forum? Or is there another way that’s considered better?

Again, thank you so much. :-)

cybershot
    Participant

provide as much information as possible. A link is always best because that allows people to use great tools like firebug and it means that I don’t have to spend time putting your code together to debug the page. Chris wrote an article for forum posts, check it out

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2229

cybershot
    Participant

OK, first, you have several errors in your code. In many places you have id="title" When you are using an id in the same page more than once, it needs to be class="title" . Id should only be used if you are only using that id once in a page. One of the best things you can do to fix your code is to run it through the validator

http://validator.w3.org/

click on the validate by direct input button and then copy and paste your code in. You also had a bunch of unclosed tags in your code. Here is the fixed code. I did not fix all the errors, run this code through the validator and it will tell you what to fix. But I do believe it will work now in I.E 6 and 7. What I did was add a

Code:

I put that on line 16 and it fixed the problem.

Code:

Rogue Circle Design

what we are all about

Rogue Circle Design was created with one goal in mind; We want to make professional and edgy web sites that provide usability for the end user. With our CSS based design approach we are able to provide efficient value based solutions to our customers. Our team of professionals is reliable, flexible, easy to work with. Most importantly, we get the job done.

…Choose us!

our value based approach

Here at Rogue Circle Design we believe that The Customer Comes First. We realize that in order to design the best possible site for you, we have to maximize the value that your customers receive from your site. That is why we will work with you to create a target customer profile so that we can tailor your site to meet your customers’ needs.

efficient web design

Efficieny is key to keeping costs down: design costs, maintenance costs, and user error costs. Through our streamlined CSS approach to web design we are able to greatly reduce all future design costs for your website as well as lower the initial design costs you will have to pay. Ask one of us why our approach allows us to keep costs down and keeps money in your bank account. We’d love to explain it to you!

rogue circle design for businesses

Did you know that according to independent researchers 83% of people are said to have shopped online at least once in their life time. As our society turns to technology people tend to rely on the internet more and more. Customers will have the ability to either find your business for the first time through the internet or read about your business on the internet after hearing about it through other marketing channels. By providing your customers with a well designed web site you are hugely increasing your businesses revenue potential.

rogue circle design for individuals

There is a great demand for individuals with professional and well designed web sites.

• Perhaps you are an artist, photographer, or musician who would like to get yourself “out there.” By creating a portfolio website with Rogue Circle Design you are giving potential fans, customers, and businesses insight into your talent.
    • Perhaps you are an employee trying to get your resume out to potential employers.
    • Perhaps you are trying to sell a high value good such as a house, car, or boat. A web site designed for that specific purpose can help you get the price you want.
    • The possibilities are endless.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.