Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE7 Wont recognize css in another file

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lohouse

This seems like it would be easy to figure out but I’m having a lot of difficulty and can’t figure it out. The site I’m working on works fine in every browser except in internet explorer 7. I have the file in a html folder (the folder is lowercase). The problem is, the file (contacts.html) wont recognize the css when its in the html folder. If I take the contacts.html file and put it in the same folder with the index.html, it will then recognize the css. So, for some reason IE7 refuses to follow the path to my html folder. What’s the issue?

here is the site http://www.brandonlohaus.com/site/html/contacts.html

Paulie_D

Forget anything previously posted.

I’m going to have to take a closer look.

This is a very odd site structure.

Paulie_D

The link to Contacts in your menu is showing as html/contacts when it’s already IN an html folder which is giving a link of /html/html/contacts.html..so that’s one thing.

It does look as though a lot of your internal references are wrong.

Paulie_D

Is there some reason why your Index page is in a different place to any other pages?

Senff
    Participant

You’re using a lot of HTML5 tags there — something IE7 doesn’t know what to do with.

On the main page, you’re loading a load of scripts (probably including one that will make IE7 understand modern HTML5-elements), but these scripts are not loading on the contacts page.

All in all, as far as I can see, the CSS is loading fine?

lohouse

THANKS SENFF! I can’t believe I didn’t look at the scripts. I thought it was the css. That fixed it pretty good! Really appreciate it.

Pauli_D thanks for responding too. I know the structure is weird. The site is not meant to be shown at the moment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.