Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE7 being slow/strage (nothing new!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    infocentre

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me what is going on in IE7 for my two WP Sites..

http://www.SkateboardingPhoto.co.uk + http://www.SkateboardingVideo.co.uk

Both load VERY slow. I am aware there is a lot of content, but FF does just fine.. as does chrome. IE just struggles! And then is doing strange things with my latest entry.

I DO most certainly make mistakes, so i might have made some to cause this…but none are jumping out at me? Could this be a server-side problem? Both sites are on the same server.. and its cheap hosting.

Bit baffled. (and sorry if this is the wrong forum section!)

Thanks guys

Alex

TheDoc

Both took a very long time to load for me in FF, you probably don’t notice it because you’ve cached so much of it. I’ll have a little look-see later and see if there’s any one thing that’s killing the loading.

TheDoc

Having had a closer look… you have some sizing problems.

Your home page is about 2mb. That would take somebody on a 56k modem about 6min to fully load. Even on a T1 connection, due to how you have your images set up, it would take 14 seconds to retrieve them all.

You are calling 5 external JS files and 29 images.

At the end of the day, 2MB is just too big for a web page.

I usually aim for about 300KB max on a page.

infocentre

Right..

Wel thanks for taking a look for me! Now i just need to know how i can solve this.. In IE i found that a lot of the images just wouldnt load full stop… sometime i have to refresh to page!

I originally had the WP settings to display 10 recent entries, then i changed it to 7 yesterday; now i will change it 5! That should help a little.

you said im loading 5 JS’… where/what are they!? i thought it was just the twitter-feed?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
    Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.