Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE6 positioning help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lolbeans

Hi I have the following code but I’m not sure why it doesn’t work in IE6 (works everywhere else). What I’m trying to do is have the footer stretch full width but leave it inside the wrapper div (I know I can move it outside the wrapper but I’m experimenting). In IE6 it seems to set the width to 960 which is the wrapper width, and not the document viewport. Is there a way to fix for IE6? I don’t want to position it to the bottom of the viewport.

Thanks

#wrapper {
    margin:0 auto;
    width:960px;
    }
    #page {
    border:solid 1px purple;
    height:500px;
    }
    #footer {
    background:orange;
    height:60px;
    left:0;
    position:absolute;
    width:100%;
    }

xxxx

TT_Mark

If I understand correctly, you want the footer wider than the wrapper. If so, you need to have the footer outside of the wrapper, because width:100% is 100% of 960px not 100% of the viewport

lolbeans

I know, I said I can do that :) But I’m experimenting to see if I can use my method. Like I said it works everywhere apart from IE6

eroszamp

IE6 is a very specific browser. It is not compliant with Internet standards. If I were you I would not experiment with just that browser :)

moheid

I think IE6 is a history !! and you should advice your visitor to upgrade his mind instead of hurting your’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.