Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other IE6 PNG Fix on VMWare XP – Snow Leopard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    simpleCoder

Hi everyone. I’m a long time reader of this site, but first time poster- Chris provides amazing content- thought this would be the community to possibly answer this question of mine.

One of my buddies has VMWare/XP on his iMac to test websites in IE. Now before we get into an argument about whether or not IE6 should even be supported anymore (I wish it wasn’t, but certain clients…) let me get to the question.

The IE6 PNG Fix (both the twin helix and DD_belated flavors) don’t work within the virtualized XP system. Elements that use it simply have no background image what so ever.

I’ve had a Mac Mini for a while now and use it to develop websites and simply use my older PC desktop for IE6 debugging. But I recently picked up a MacBook Pro and am considering buying VMWare so I can build websites on the go and even IE debug on the go. But without IE6 PNG Fix support I’d still feel like I needed to fire up the old PC desktop just to make 100% sure, thus making the VMWare purchase semi pointless.

So my question is- does anyone here use VMWare on their Mac, and if so, have you ever gotten an IE6 PNG Fix to work? Did you have to tinker with any settings? Any ideas or tips?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.