Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE Inline-block fix/hack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matt_sanford
    Participant

I have stumbled upon my first issue with IE (first website), where inline-block well isn’t inline-block. I know that there are possibilities out there with html5shiv and modernizer but i am confused on the execution. Any help would be awesome.

Paulie_D

We’d need to see the actual issue..do you have a link?

What is happening that you didn’t expect or, rather, what isn’t happening that you did expect?

matt_sanford
    Participant

Well i for one have not seen it for myself but i have gotten complaints from users that when using IE(6+) that things aren’t placed where they are suppose to. So if you have internet explorer and ay other browser you will be able to see it. http://www.foursquaresummiteast.org

Paulie_D

What things are in the wrong place?

matt_sanford
    Participant

sidebar-left and #main are suppose to be right next to each other, but instead #main starts at the bottom of #sidebar-left @Paulie-D

antwon
    Participant

You could add a conditional stylesheet to your head that will add styles for users browsing on ie 7 and below (since ie8 + support inline-block and < ie8 only has partial support).
    Add this to your head:

Then create iestyles.css and add something like this to it:

#main, #sidebar-left {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    }

#wrapper {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 1200px;
    }

#wrapper:after {
    clear: both;
    content: “”;
    display: block;
    }

matt_sanford
    Participant

@antwon would i need to do this for all inline-block level elements? (float left and set display to block)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.