Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE, I hate you, I hate you so much. (CSS style sheet not reading in IE8)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sbertrand
    Participant

So I get a call from a client saying that they basically are viewing the site as words and send me a screen shot basically showing that their internet browser isn’t showing the CSS style sheet I’ve got attached to their site. They are using IE8. I’ve previewed it in IE6, 7, 8, Firefox (multiple versions), Opera and Chrome, and on my computer it’s looking fine. So I guess I’m a little dumbfounded as to how to fix this problem…Can anyone help?

http://www.airlinkconstructors.com

DogsGhost

what are those 09 and 10 in the header of your page ?

sbertrand
    Participant

I thought I had written a work around for IE, but maybe it didn’t take? (It’s been a bit of a long day and I’m apparently too tired to be thinking logically now…Is that incorrect? [Thanks]

TheDoc

The link to /ie.css doesn’t exist. By putting the backslash in front of it, the browser expects the file to be here:

airlinkconstructors.com/ie.css

Make sure to link it to where your CSS file is located.

DogsGhost

found your ie stylesheet, try this:

sbertrand
    Participant

That totally makes sense. I’ve uploaded it but have no way to check it since it looked fine on my end to begin with…any improvement?

jamygolden

IE8 and FF display the page pretty much the same way now. So I’d say: Problem solved :p

sbertrand
    Participant

I got an email from the client this morning saying they are still seeing it incorrectly. I’m at wits end…Is there any explanation for this – maybe it’s a network thing?

TheDoc

Looks good in IE8 for me now.

Maybe they are using an older version? IE6 perhaps?

sbertrand
    Participant

Yeah…me too, but just confirmed one user is using IE8 the other is using IE7 (both of which have looked good on 3 computers that I tested on)…the only difference between them and I would be their are on a network that is set up for their business…I’m wondering if maybe they’ve got some sort of security settings up that wouldn’t enable them to read style sheets…but IDK…I’m not the most tech geared so it really could be anything I guess.

Bob

Ask them to try it at their home computers.

TheDoc

Yea, some networks that are set up for businesses have some terrible caching issues.

zackw

tell them to do a hard refresh (CTRL + SHIFT + R)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.