Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE / FF positioning ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gooseUK

Can anyone help and tell me why the layout goes all freaky on this site, its ok in IE but Firefox and Safari sends it all over the place ?
    http://rochfordrugbyfanzone.4t.com/cgi/index.php

Thanks guys n girls just trying to help a mate out !

brandon

Your markup could use a little help. You have many places where you don’t close your tags. Browsers typically don’t complain about this but it makes diagnosing problems a little more difficult when the code isn’t easy to read. You also have many <body> tags. You should only have one in your page. IMO I’d say this site is ripe for redesign from the bottom up.

cssgirl
    Participant

Well,for one you’re using tables. Bad. :)

But otherwise it looks like you’ve probablly left a table row/col open somewhere so the content is flowing over the whole page.

I’d say get ride of the tables, start fresh with CSS and HTML :D

If you don’t want to get rid of the tables, then got to the w3c.org and validate your code. You’ll get a list of errors and warnings, which after you fix should fix whatever problems you are having!

gooseUK

Thanks Brandon & Lindsey, I’ve been telling the webmaster of this site the very same thing for months but he wouldn’t listen and I just needed some backup, hopefully this will do the job !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.