Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE Disapearing BG upon Scroll

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

http://design.cs2interactive.com/newsouth/staff.html

Curious to see if anybody has seen this problem before and what the fix is for it.

if you go to that site thats currently under dev. in ie6 for sure and i think 7 too once the page loads or you refresh it, if you then scroll down and scroll back you’ll notice part of the header div which has a background image applied to it is cut down. id say it loses about 40px give or take. it actually stops where a jQuery fading image thing starts but it doesnt stop at the logo image thats positioned higher.

loads and refreshes fine.
    part of it just disperses once it passes under the browser chrome via scrolling.

havent seen this before and was hoping somebody knew of a fix. let me know.

nothin? come on guys.. somebody other than me has seen this before.

Biofobico

Never seen that before. But i will do some research to see if i can find anything related to the problem. :mrgreen:

Biofobico
    "daGUY" wrote:
    Very, very weird. I figured out that the section of the graphic that disappears is where the <h1> is, but I can’t figure out why.

I came up with a fix, but it’s even weirder and doesn’t make any sense – add a border to the <h1>. As soon as I did that, the problem disappeared. You can even add just a 1px top border – it causes no noticeable difference in the page.

Weird stuff indeed :o .

Thanks guys.
    i would have never tried that goofiness.

life saver!

much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.