Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE CSS Not Working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m new to the web and (naturally) am having trouble with CSS rendering properly in Internet Explorer. Specifically with background-images, positioning, and items displaying that shouldn’t be. I was wondering if someone could help me out by taking a look at the site in Internet Explorer and then in other browsers? Was hoping to give the site as a Christmas gift so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

http://www.southmontkid.com/emp

Thanks for the quick feedback. I tried to use !important without any luck. I’m also just noticing that Internet Explorer isn’t recognizing anything from my stylesheet … I’m at a loss.

brentwpowell

I have a solution! It has to do with your media queries. Unfortunately, IE8 and under, does not support them. The following lines have media queries.

The problem lies with the and (min-width: 900px) part. This is the part that IE8 and under are having trouble with.
    You have a couple options here. Simply removing the media="screen and (min-width: 900px)" from the “large.css” link, will enable the site to render properly in IE8 and under. What I would recommend, but will take some work, is to combine all CSS into one file and use media queries within the single stylesheet. Chris had a great post about it here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.