Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE compatibility issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BjK

Hello all
    I am happy to find a fun bunch of people in a forum
    I am a new web designer and I apologize for my amateur site.

When I open my site (nakuspfigureskatingclub.com in IE8 one of the pages
    (features.html) the content is way lower than intended.I made a separate css sheet and used an if statement in the head of the features.html file.
    I validated all my pages. I am not sure if I have a glitch in the if statement or if I have put it in the wrong place as I am not experienced with javaScript.

I have put borders around all div to see if I have an error in width and floating is causing the title div to float under the left column div.

I also don’t know why there is a red frame around my facebook logo.
    I am assuming this is an IE issue also as it isn’t in Firefox when I open the site.

I hope I followed instructions right about codepen.

http://codepen.io/Bj/pen/zArGK

cheers
    Bj

BjK

thank you gcyrillus
    I am not sure I understand but will investigate working without widths and heights and only using margins…if that is what you are suggesting. And putting all right column into one div.
    Is this what is keeping my content below the left column? Still not sure how to use if statement, and if I have the correct if statement to begin with. I am thinking my html if statement isn’t being read by the browser.
    cheers
    Bj

BjK

so if I put my right content all in one div then maybe I don’t need such wild margins. I will try this.
    cheers

wolfcry911
    Participant

a disabled account…

BjK

Thanks seeing your code helps me understand
    Here is my new “Feature Story” page under the “New and Events nav tab with my first attempt
    to code as you recommended.
    I like it better and will keep practicing.
    I am still trying to get IE to read my “IF” statement
    in my features.html file.

BTW, I am not sure what the last two post comments were about.
    cheers

Bj

wolfcry911
    Participant

@BjK, the last two comments were about a spammer that posted in this (and other) thread(s). The moderators have removed the account and all associated posts. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.