Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE and FF work fine, Chrome, Opera, and Safari don't

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stevekalin
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working with some code that displays different in Chrome vs. IE and FF. My MenuBar works fine in IE and FF, but the others drop the last element and place it off the menubar completely. It ends up below the menubar. I can’t see it, I need another set of eyes on the code.

Please d/l and look:

“www” “mediafire” “com” “/folder/ipbq3psjpz5sp/testing”

Thanks in advance. steve#g2g-enterprise’net

Paulie_D

I don;t think you will get many takers to download a file from an unknown source.

IF you can provide us with a live link you might have better luck.

James
    Participant

And advertising your site ;) Big no for the download. Use CodePen.

RjBradlow
    Participant

Check the default settings of all your test browsers to make sure they are all set at the same font size. 16px

When sizing fonts use the all-star triple play: .pt – .px – .rem – in that order for each class.

Set your body default first:

body{
        background-color: #000;
        background-image: url(background.png);
        background-repeat: repeat;
        background-attachment: fixed;
        color: #F0F0F0;
        font-size: 12pt;
        font-size: 16px;
        font-size: 1.000rem;
        text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #000;
        text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000;
    }

stevekalin
    Participant

Hi RJ,

Thanks for the response, but I’m not seeing how these affect the menubar

The source code is visible at Mediafire: source files

And a mock-up view is at: mock-up

Thanks, Steve

Paulie_D

I repeat

I don;t think you will get many takers to download a file from an unknown source.

If you can provide us with a live link you might have better luck.

stevekalin
    Participant

Understand your concerns… Mediafire is just a repository, and the files are just .css and .php files.

They are listed by individual file name– ie: sc-style.css or setup.php– you can d/l only the piece that pertains to the problem– those two mentioned.

There’s no need to d/l anything you think suspicious, there are no exec’s or scripts anywhere. I wouldn’t do that or ask for help with malicious intent.

Thanks for your response.

Steve

Senff
    Participant

If you want people to help out, you should make it as easy as possible for them. Not many people will want to download files, install/configure them on their own machine, before they can check into the problem.

Set up a site where the problem occurs so people can check that out, or create a use case in Codepen.

It’s not just a security issue, it’s just usually not a good idea to ask people to jump through hoops before they will be able to help you.

stevekalin
    Participant

Senff and all,

Thank you for the advice on proper forum use. I have received the correction necessary from a different forum; but thank you all for reading my post and responding.

Steve

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.