Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE 8 problem…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orangeboy

Hi there,

I´m having a problem with some of my nav sprites displaying. They display perfectly in Firefox, and Chrome, but don´t at all in I.E.

I have one navigation sprite section at the top of my page (which are fine in I.E 8), and a few more sprite buttons underneath, in a different Div.

Can anyone think of a reason why they are not displaying in I.E 8?

Thanks

TheDoc

If you have a link to the problem that would help tremendously!

orangeboy

The site isn´t live yet unfortunately.

As I say, sprite images work perfectly in every other browser; the nav cells are there, but no sprite image in i.e 8. I have another top navigation sprite setup, and that works in i.e 8, but the bottom one doesn´t.

I have a feeling I.E 8 doesn´t like some of the names, but I´ve changed them, and it hasn´t made any difference.

noahgelman
    Participant

It might be your naming convention of the background image for the sprite. If there’s a typo, more modern browsers might correct it for you and move on but IE8 might not.

Make sure your site validates. I could clear up the issues as well as a few others you’re not aware of.
    http://validator.w3.org/

orangeboy

I have moved the sprite to a cell at the top of the page, and it works perfectly in i.e 8- so I don´t think it´s the name.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.