Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE 7-8 Dropdown Menu Fix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cyanoxide
    Participant

Hi there fellow designers & developers,

I was wondering if you could help me with an issue I’ve been having. I’m having a little bit of trouble getting my drop down menus to work correctly in IE 7 & 8. They work fine in IE9, Chrome and Firefox but some reason in IE 7-8 they display correctly but when you move the mouse down passed the second item on the list it makes the menu disappear entirely.

Was hoping this was a common issue that can be solved relatively quickly as I was hoping to launch it soon. Everything is open to view and there are two css stylesheets style.css & ie.css. Dropdown styling can be found on line 95 of style.css and line 4 of ie.css

**URL:** http://red.jamiepates.co.uk

**CMS Platform:** WordPress

**Issue:** Broken Drop-down menus

**Browsers:** Internet Explorer 7 & 8

**CSS Location:** Style.css line 95, ie.css line 4

If there is anything else I may need to supply let me know and thank you to anyone who helps.

Regards, Jamie

Senff
    Participant

My guess is that removing position:relative; from #page-wrap will do the trick.

(You also may want to clean up some of that code. Example, your UL with class “navigation” contains a DIV that’s not wrapped in an LI.)

Afraid I can’t help too much at the moment, but will have a look later.
    Just quickly though,
    the Contact link is possibly a little too narrow for Firefox’s delicate sensitivities (it bounces down to the next line on hover so you can’t click it).

Hope someone else might be able to lend a hand.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

Senff, you are a life saver. I’ve been trying all sorts of things to get that working (though I assumed the issue was to do with the styling of the drop-down and not the objects behind), main reason the code is looking so messy right now. I’ll tidy it all up once I’ve got everything working but thank you very much.

And Imprintedimaging, I didn’t notice that issue in firefox. I shall fix it now, cheers for the heads up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.