Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE 6 mainpage content disappears?!? ARGH!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StuartThom

Hey Folks,
    I have a problem with a site I am currently working on and could use some advice.

http://stuartthom.com/PAO3/inside_about.html
    http://stuartthom.com/PAO3/styles/layout.css

The site works well in FF, Safari, IE7. In IE6 the content in the middle of the page disappears.
    I have done a fair amount of reading on the topic and have heard that the problem could be casued by a bug in IE^ that requires positioning to fix R possibly an IE conditional statement..
    I found when I removed the height:100%; form the 2 floating columns that the background of the page showsup. Still cant get text content and images to showup.
    I have played with adding positioning to these elements as well as thier parent containers.

Cant seem to get this to work. Any Ideas?

apostrophe
    Participant

Just had a look in IENetrenderer and all the content (including the weird <$ $> tags>) shows in ie6. Your layout is all over the place in all the browsers that I have. You need to specify a width for the rightcolumn and should there be an image behind the maincontent or not? You specify a path in the css but no image.

Code:
    #maincontent {
    background:#EDEDED url(../images/layout/) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
    width:960px;
    }
    StuartThom

Hi Aprostraphe!
    Thanks for the help. I knew it had to be something I missed or deleted in order to figure this out.
    I had been heavenly editing the pages for a day or so. The <$ $> tags are used in the content management system to assign editable areas of the page.
    I think you were totally correct I had a few floating items without specified widths. That seems to have fixed the problem.
    Thanks again,
    Stu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.