Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE 6 7 8 issues with stylesheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cvakator

Hello

Very sorry if I created another IE topic, but I am lost – today I am playing with css stylesheet specially for IE6,7,8 and thanks to the this article
    https://css-tricks.com/how-to-create-an-ie-only-stylesheet/ I understood some tricks but still, I have some issues with switching css stylesheets.

I am using these calls:

I have only one css file because I think in my project don’t need extra styling for each version.

The problem what I have that the IE css is not called properly. Something is still called from main css file, like fonts or backgrounds. For example: if I want to load some online google fonts but for old IE I would like to use classic screen verdana.

Is it possible to dramatically load the css file only for IE? The fonts as well?

Thank you very much for answer.

DustinWoods

I don’t know if this helps or not, but if you are trying to exclude your regular stylesheet for IE browsers, you can try this:

` `

DustinWoods

@Eric, thanks for sharing! I love your use of PHP in method #6.

cvakator

Thank you for answers. You are right, the PHP method is working very nicely. For understanding, if I want create for each IE6-7-8 browser css style, do I have to write the selector .ie6 or .ie7?

For expample:

.ie6 p {color:red;}
    .ie6 #wrap{
    width: 960px;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    background-color: #111111;
    }

.ie7 p {color:green;}
    .ie7 #wrap{
    background-color: #222222;
    }

.ie7 p {color:green;}
    .ie7 #wrap{
    background-color: #333333;
    }

Thank you.

dfogge
    Participant

dude, before you go any further you might want to check this out: http://paulirish.com/2008/conditional-stylesheets-vs-css-hacks-answer-neither/

cvakator

That’s right. Until html5+css3, I have tried to have all my websites responsive in all browser, so I didn’t care about stylesheet switching. But today we have finally a lot of amazing staff thanks to webkits. Unfortunately, still many people don’t know that it’s exist different browser then IE. Also I have to learn more about styling for IE6-7-8. :((((((

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.