Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Icons replaced by ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ' on mobile – only on categories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jammyllama
    Participant

Hi all, I’m hoping you can help me figure this out.

Added a bit of CSS to this website to keep the social menu up at the top of the screen and the hamburger menu in front of it so that all could be seen on mobile.

It looks good now, however one big problem. When you click onto a category on mobile, the social menu up at the top turns to ‘ ????? ‘

Anyone have any ides on how I can fix this please? I have no idea why the icons aren’t showing.

Thanks,

Jen

JeroenR
    Participant

Maybe you didn’t set the character encoding to utf-8 in the category pages? Because they are question marks in your code already. For example: .nav--toolbar a[href*="twitter"]:before{content:"?"}

Jammyllama
    Participant

Yikes I haven’t touched the category pages! So I can’t imagine why it’s gone wrong now.
    I did upload a child theme provided by the theme developer, could there be a problem there?

JeroenR
    Participant

I don’t know where the problem is coming from but maybe you can move the content of the style element to a file and link to it?
    I’m not sure if this will fix anything, but at least your site code will be less hard to read.

Jammyllama
    Participant

Good idea, I can’t access the parent theme right now :(

And the problem has now extended to desktop! It was just on mobile view of categories, but now on desktop too. Would that hint to where the problem is originating from at all?

Shikkediel
    Participant

The issue was present on desktop from the start as far as I’ve seen…

namphan1998
    Participant

Thank you so much for the information.

This issue is important.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.