Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I would like help understanding float left/right and clear for creating layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jonobugs
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to make a quiz/game and I am working on the layout, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out this float and clear stuff. I have viewed several videos and went to many websites to figure it out, but they do not seem to give me any insight.

I can create the layout I want if I use absolute positioning, but I want to avoid that as I want the size to change depending on the medium it is viewed on.

I did it on codepen. The code does not work properly on codepen, but the layout is shown how I want it.

codepen

If you cannot see it, I basically want it to look roughly like the following. 3 boxes on the left and 5 on the right the top and bottoms should
    be in alignment.

Picture of Layout

I really appreciate any help. Please keep in mind that I am a beginner, so I do not know all the proper terms and I might have a lot of mistakes in my code.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.