Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other I want to learn Javascript, HTML and CSS to make websites as a career. Advice?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dreppana
    Participant

Hello css-tricks

I want to pursue a career in Web Design and Web applications. I know some very basic HTML and CSS and have beginner level programming skills in C#. I haven’t really touched on Javascript before, although I have attempted some Jquery tutorials to make some basic things like boxes that slide and canvas stuff. I would like to improve my skills especially in CSS and learn javascript from a beginners level but also a level that doesn’t go too much into the programming side as I understand what variables and functions are and similar things like that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!

nixnerd
    Participant

Just start building things and solving problems. Code. Code. Code. Then code more. That is the only way to learn. Build a site for yourself and see how awesome you can make it.

nixnerd
    Participant

You will learn a lot through just trial and error. You can download fully working HTML/CSS files. Then… start deleting stuff and seeing what it does/removes. Then, try adding some stuff. See what that does.

Codecademy is pretty great too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.