Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS i want these css buttons badly!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    just wanted to have the navigation exactly like this http://web.appstorm.net/ , and put that in this site http://www.grou.ps/persianers

ive tried myself by copying the css code

Code:
    #navigation ul li.active > a, #navigation > ul li a:hover, #navigation ul li.sub-nav:hover > a {
    background:-moz-linear-gradient(center top , #88D790, #55AB61) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border-color:#ADE9B6;
    }
    #navigation ul li.sub-nav > a:hover:before, #navigation ul li.sub-nav:hover > a:before {
    border-top-color:#ADE9B6 !important;
    }
    #navigation ul li.sub-nav > a:hover:after, #navigation ul li.sub-nav:hover > a:after {
    border-top-color:#55AB61 !important;
    }
    #navigation ul ul li a:hover {}

but nothing changed in my site
    maybe the code i chose arent right !

Here is my site CSS navigation ( grou.ps/persianers)

Code:
    #menu {
    overflow: hidden;
    clear: both;
    /*background: #ffffff url(/navi_bg.png) no-repeat center bottom;
    */
    border-top: 0px solid #dedcd0;
    background: url() repeat ; /* customizable.advanced.background.33.[Navigation Background] */
    }
    #nav {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 960px;
    list-style: none;
    padding: 0;
    }
    #nav li.selected a {
    color: #b0c387;
    }
    #nav ul {
    list-style: none;
    }
    #nav li {
    float: left;
    }
    #nav li a, #nav li.unselected a {
    /*border-right: 1px solid #b0c387;
    */
    font-size: 12px;
    color: #333; /* customizable.advanced.color.07.[Navigation Link Color] */
    text-decoration: none;
    padding: 8px 11px;
    line-height: 18px;
    text-shadow: 0 1px #fff;
    -webkit-transition: color 0.5s ease-in-out;
    -moz-transition: color 0.5s ease-in-out;
    -o-transition: color 0.5s ease-in-out;
    }
    /*
    #nav li:first-child {
    border-left: 1px solid #dedbd1;
    }
    */
    #nav li a:hover {
    background: transparent url() repeat ; /* customizable.advanced.background.08.[Navigation Link Hover Background] */
    color: #b0c387; /* customizable.advanced.color.31.[Navigation Link Hover Color] */
    }

please tell me what should i do to make it right

REGARDS

virtual
    Participant

The css you copied calls for #navigation, in your css you are calling it #nav, try renaming it ;)

noahgelman
    Participant

ah, the old "copy and pasted styles but didn’t change the id" scenario, classic

virtual
    Participant

8-)

Thanks
    I made it , and i had to change #menu not #nav

However i have 2 problems
    1-sub menu changed to that color aswell which i dont want to . how can i keep the submenu in bg white and font black ? when the one button has been selected the menu changed to the button i wanted (green) and sub menu as well(green)

2- i copied the code but still cannot see that TRIANGLE in center bottom of each bottoms that includes SUB MENU.

Cheers

TheDoc

Hey guys, how about that ol’ copyright infringement thing? Remember, using a site as inspiration is one thing, but actually taking someone else’s code is a whole other deal.

noahgelman
    Participant

I don’t usually copy other peoples code. Sometimes I reuse some of my other code or take code from a working model that I can’t figure out. But I always customize it to be quite original. I’d never take something and keep it verbatim

my question is too clear and both related to this subject , and i changed the code from the original to that i wanted , the only thing that i needed to copy was

Code:
    background:-moz-linear-gradient(center top , #88D790, #55AB61) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

However i changed the color of that as well, but i want to know about that triangle which i have told about it before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.