Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I want full page footer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    linux1880

Hi this is newbie here, much impressed with ur CSS articles than anywhere in the web. I have a silly problem of not having a full page wide footer. I did many tricks like wrapping footer with another div and set it 100% wide; clear both; etc etc but nothing worked out please help me. Thanks

noahgelman
    Participant

If you have any kind of page wrap or if it is in a div with a set width, it’s still not going to help, even if you attach 100% width.

You need to move it outside all the other elements. Then you can put 100% width.

Depending on the design, you can just add a vertical slice to the background of the body or html tag and align in bottom left and repeat-x and that will create a section for your footer. Toss a div in and you can align your text how you want it.

linux1880

Thank you. can anybody give me a code for bg-image slice which will serve the purpose of header and footer bg as well as stretch as page height grows ? Many thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.