Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other I use WordPress. How can I set up a system of using the @ sign in comments?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    iizag
    Participant

Hi, I use WordPress. I turned off Nested Comments because I do not like the look. Instead I wanted to know how I could set up a “Mentioning” system, that so many websites (including css-tricks) use. So the idea that I have is , when someone wants to respond to someone in a comment, they can just type @NAME with the “NAME” just being whatever name the person used as a username when leaving the comment.

Then when someone is mentioned in a comment with @NAME, the person gets an email saying XYZ mentioned you on XYZ.com and the email has a link to the thread.

Is this possible and simple to set up ? I dont think their is a plugin that does this and i dont think wordpress has this in the comments system by default ?

Senff
    Participant

There are a few plugins that seem to do this. I haven’t tried any of them, but here’s what comes up if I do a search for “comments mention“: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=comments+mention

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.