Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I really need help with IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pmck

Hey, I’m rather new to web development I’m still in college and making a few small sites on the side to help pay for books and other supplies.

So I’ve been making this website for a small residents association, and it looks the way its supposed to in Chrome, Opera and Firefox but IE…. Well it looks horrible :( This website has helped me endlessly with learning CSS but I have no idea whats gone wrong here. I was testing it in IE 8 I dare not look at it in a lower version.The website is http://drynamhall.org . Any help is apreciated. Even if someone could tell me what elements are causing the trouble.

Thanks,
    Peter McKinney.

Thoven78

First thing you have to do is to fix your doctype. you have this

as oppose to this

Second you are using HTML5 elements which IE8 and below do not understand. You may have to use this

to get those HTML5 elements display correctly in IE. And last thing try validating your code and you’ll see that there is plenty errors. I hope that help.

pmck

@Thoven78 Thanks I cant believe i got the doctype wrong :/ I already had the script in that helped from how bad it was originally!

@krysak4ever
    Ill get right on that thanks :)

pmck

@krysak4ever I have it set up to load from a cms that I made, the dashes are only there because I didn’t put any articles in the database yet they’re not meant for decoration. I’ll let the customer do that through their admin page. I avoided using the tags because I’m not sure if the customer will want to use them in the posts. I will agree my code isn’t the most mature though there are probably better ways.

pmck

@krysak4ever wow thanks ill give that a good look through! Very helpful!

pmck

@krysak4ever Thanks for all the help! Ha I’ve got alot ahead of me :) I’ve gotten that zip by the way so you can remove it from your server! Thanks for that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.