Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End I need to use ajax to send a php mailer form. HELP?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am in a bit of a pickle that I need help on. Basically my problem is this. I have a basic php form that is simple, the results(action) of the form get passed on to plug n pay so that the customer can check out.

However I want to also send an email to myself to get the data so that I can thank the customer and send him/her a receipt right away of their donation. So I am figuring I have to use ajax to do this as you can only have one action in a php form.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have been googling but I havn’t found a simple solution that makes sense.

I wasn’t sure if I should put this in the php problems or the javascript jungle, so I hope this is the right place.

-97s

bungle

You could also add a php page in between that sends the mail and posts the form.

The problem with both that method and the Ajax idea is that both methods will send you a mail irrelevantly of whether the donation part actually succeeded. Is there no way for the donation process to return on success?

Thanks for the ideas. I think I will go with the intermediate page. That will solve my problem. Even though as you both state, it does have errors. In my situation I am manually keeping record of donations in order to send out a thank you card by hand. So I will get the form with their information, then if I don’t get the confirmation from my payment processor within the day, I will just know that I lost them in the process some where.

Thanks for the help. Now I just gotta nail down the code.

So php page with a form whose action is a mailer.php page.

Then the mailer.php page sends me a copy, and forwards this information to the payment processor.

Any tips on how to do this, cause ive never done this before? Ill try a search around google.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.