Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design I need to format a ditty news ticker using CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nparsons75
    Participant

Hi, first time here…

I am looking for help to style a news ticker made by ditty. I have installed everything and when adding the css supplied, it does not work as suggested. The changes are minor and anyone with any css knowledge im sure will be a very simple fix.

The current style can be seen here and the css code is at the bottom of this note.

http://www.parkwyddnjfc.uk/test-page

Hopefully someone can assist.

Beverleyh
    Participant

What about it isn’t working as suggested? (Unfortunately we aren’t mind readers). It looks Ok to me on iPhone. Is the problem only on a specific device, OS or browser?

nparsons75
    Participant

Hi, sorry, I missed off some text. Also I have worked on it since and managed to get it working. However, I need to improve the look in terms of css. I cannot get the text to align correctly vertically. And also, where the title shows, it doesn’t work smoothly, part of the end of the text breaks on animation, just didn’t look good compared to how it is advertised.

Beverleyh
    Participant

OK – if you create a simplified demo in CodePen, it will make things easier for folks to look in and edit on-the-fly. We don’t need to see your whole codebase – just the CSS and HTML relevant to the problem.

But for assistance with centring, try some of the techniques detailed in this tutorial https://css-tricks.com/centering-css-complete-guide/

nparsons75
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the guide. Im not sure how to use codepen, I have signed up and pasted the css code in the css box. Not sure where to get a link?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.