Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript I Need This Advert Javascript Code Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CodeGraphics
    Participant

How do I go about this. I client want to place a full website background advert on one of my blogs. How do design the background advert with css is not a problem. My problem is how to integrate the javascript codes he gave me.

I thought ordinarily, the advert background image will have a simple html anchor link, but here is the lines of javascript codes he gave me instead.

<script type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      zone = "8";
      pl = "691";
      url = "http://websiteurl.com";
      //--></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="http://websiteurl.com/show.js"> </script>

The show.js contains these codes:

if (!c_text1) var c_text1 = 0;
    if (!c_text2) var c_text2 = 0;
    if (!c_text3) var c_text3 = 0;
    if (!c_text4) var c_text4 = 0;
    if (!c_text5) var c_text5 = 0;
    if (!c_text6) var c_text6 = 0;
    if (!c_text7) var c_text7 = 0;
    if (!c_text8) var c_text8 = 0;
    if (!c_text9) var c_text9 = 0;
    if (!c_text10) var c_text10 = 0;
    if (!c_border) var c_border = 0;
    if (!c_background) var c_background = 0;
    if (!page_background) var page_background = 0;
    if (!zone) var zone = 0;
    if (!pl) var pl = 0;
    if (!shape) var shape = 0;
    if (!ad_type) var ad_type = 0;
    if (!w) var w = 0;
    if (!top_space) var top_space = 0;
    if (!charset) var charset = 0;

document.write(‘<s’+’cript language=”JavaScript” src=”‘+url+’/show.php?z=’+zone+’&w=’+w+’&pl=’+pl+’&ad_type=’+ad_type+’&charset=’+charset+’&top_space=’+top_space+’&shape=’+shape+’&c_border=’+c_border+’&c_background=’+c_background+’&page_background=’+page_background+’&c_text1=’+c_text1+’&c_text2=’+c_text2+’&c_text3=’+c_text3+’&c_text4=’+c_text4+’&c_text5=’+c_text5+’&c_text6=’+c_text6+’&c_text7=’+c_text7+’&c_text8=’+c_text8+’&c_text9=’+c_text9+’&c_text10=’+c_text10+’&code=’+new Date().getTime()+'”></s’+’cript>’);

//document.write(url+’/show.php?z=’+zone+’&w=’+w+’&pl=’+pl+’&ad_type=’+ad_type+’&top_space=’+top_space+’&shape=’+shape+’&c_border=’+c_border+’&c_background=’+c_background+’&c_text1=’+c_text1+’&c_text2=’+c_text2+’&c_text3=’+c_text3+’&c_text4=’+c_text4+’&c_text5=’+c_text5+’&c_text6=’+c_text6+’&c_text7=’+c_text7+’&c_text8=’+c_text8+’&c_text9=’+c_text9+’&c_text10=’+c_text10);

Or you can view the show.js properly here: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/show.js

Please I need this help.

__
    Participant

I’m not sure what your question is. Integrate the Javascript with what? Why are you showing us all this code? What “background image”?

Where did this code come from? I would suggest asking them what to do with it.

Alen
    Participant

Including 3rd party script from some advertisers on your website, without clear explanation how to do it… potential for disaster.

And this:

document.write('<s'+'cript language

why? s+c

what?

Why are variables defined outside the show.js, then you’re making a request to include the rest.. why not just define everything as is, instead of “dynamically” assigning/loading it.

__
    Participant

why? s+c

so the browser doesn’t automatically parse it as an actual <script> tag – yes, this happens, though it’s more of a problem with the closing tag.

Including 3rd party script from some advertisers on your website, without clear explanation how to do it… potential for disaster.

Agreed. But third-party js is a “potential disaster” no matter what. : )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.