Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I need some help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    eVarc

Hi my name is Shaun, I am the CEO of eVarc LLC. We are currently having a site built that will be along the same lines as ebay. The style in witch items are sold is completely different. Anyway I am having a problem with my programmers.
    I would like our site to stand apart for other auction sites. I would like to use some cool new features via CSS but my programmers have asked for some examples. Could someone please show me some effects that would be good for an ebay type website.

TheDoc

You shouldn’t want "cool new features" just for the sake of it. You have to know what you want in a way.

Why don’t you start by looking at competitor’s sites?

eVarc
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    You shouldn’t want "cool new features" just for the sake of it. You have to know what you want in a way.

Why don’t you start by looking at competitor’s sites?

We already have the basic design done I just want to spice it up a bit. I asked the Programmers to use CSS to do so and they said they would need examples of what I want as CSS can be used for almost anything.

TheDoc

So did you not have somebody do an initial design? Just wireframes or something?

eVarc

They have given us screen shots. The website is going to be done in PHP and Ajax. They are now in the process of making the screen shots into HTML and everything just feels to boring to me. I want to add some cool little effects to help spice things up.

Well there really is no substitute for originality :/

That said, can I suggest you browse through some of the css galleries out there (screenalicious.com, bestwebgallery,com are two of my favs but I’m sure there are plenty of others)? They’re usually good for some inspiration.

eVarc

Is there any way to do a light box with organic shapes?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.