Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design I need help with a design i saw online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    soguazu
    Participant

i saw a web design online, and i was wondering how he designed the site, so i just wanted to know how he did it and maybe i could use it for my next project.
    so the web site is a single page and a full image background with two pictures, and only half of both sides of the pictures are shown to make it a single image. when your cursor continues to move to the right the picture by the right grows to fill the entire page and same with the cursor moving left, the picture at the left grows to fill the entire page. can anyone point me to either an article or blog or advice on how to go about it. Thanks so much.

Beverleyh
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure about the effect you’re describing but maybe you can adapt this? http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/beforeandafter.htm

To get a better understanding of the page you’ve seen, you can use the developer console. That’s F12 in most browsers. With the developer console you can inspect the markup, CSS and JavaScript of a web page in order to deconstruct the design and identify your points of inspiration.

soguazu
    Participant

wow, thanks so much…. That is exactly what am looking for

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.