Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I need a genius or wizard, Anyone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jon_N
    Participant

Hey guys,

I can’t figure out why my site isn’t showing the full content of the page. The site is built on WordPress. It use to work perfectly but now it isn’t. It isn’t just a problem with this page it is the whole category, none of the “posts” listed under the “specials” category are showing up.

This is what I mean. scroll to the footer of the page and click on the first post under “Marty’s Specials”

Let’s see what level of skill there is out there… (I bet I’m setting myself up to find out it’s an extremely simple fix, that’s ok though because I can’t figure it out myself)

TheDoc

I’m guessing your single.php file isn’t including the proper files.

Senff
    Participant

I’m guessing it’s the PDf 24 plugin that is active on this page, or a problem with the actual content on it: http://www.metalmart.biz/building-this-spring/

This post works fine: http://www.metalmart.biz/metal-roof-hemming-a-panel-video/ which leads me to believe there’s nothing wrong with single.php (or loop-single.php)

Jon_N
    Participant

Still not understanding the problem.

Jon_N
    Participant

The admin edit bar doesn’t even show up at the top of these pages when I’m signed in. It’s very strange. I really need help…anyone?

Senff
    Participant

Did you try disabling the PDF24 plugin?

Jon_N
    Participant

@Senff yes, I tried that and it didn’t do anything. I’m kinda stuck.

TheDoc

Please post your single.php.

Jon_N
    Participant

@TheDoc Here it is

$post = $wp_query->post;
    if ( in_category('8') ) {
    include(STYLESHEETPATH . '/single-salesProfile.php');

}
    else if ( in_category('20') ) {
    include(STYLESHEETPATH . '/single-blog.php');
    }
    else if ( in_category('7') ) {
    include(STYLESHEETPATH . '/single-specials.php');
    }

else {
    include(STYLESHEETPATH . '/single-main.php');
    }
    ?>

Jon_N
    Participant

And here is the single-specials.php

global $options;
    foreach ($options as $value) {
    if (get_option( $value ) === FALSE) {
    $$value = $value;
    } else {
    $$value = get_option( $value );
    }
    }

?>

Posted:
    #comments-wrap" class="comments-link">

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

To better serve you, our customer, please call for current availability of inventory.

Quantities change hourly. Inventory quantities are correct as of date posted. Prices listed are FOB: METALMART Lehi, Utah-Cash & Carry only. Delivery is available and can be arranged at additional cost. The flyer must be presented to cashier at time of purchase. Items are sold "AS-IS". PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE; THE PRICES IN THE AD WILL BECOME INVALID. FOR ACCURATE PRICING, PLEASE CALL TO VERIFY PRICE AND QUANTITIES. A MINIMUM ORDER MAY BE REQUIRED ON SOME ITEMS.

Senff
    Participant

Is this proper code in single-specials.php?

I’m not a PHP expert so may be a way of writing things that's unknown to me, but I'm pretty that's where the problem is and that you intended to write something like this:

TheDoc

I think Senff has got it!

Jon_N
    Participant

That didn’t do it :( so sad.

Senff
    Participant

Maybe those variables aren’t defined, remove them to check what happens…. Change this:

Posted:    

Into this:

Posted: 
    Jon_N
    Participant

@Senff you win the genius/wizard award. That did it. You are the man. Thank you so much for giving me the fix. I owe you one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.