Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS i listed 20 pieces of information with the tag separating them. HOW DO I…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    drotar
    Participant

i am working on a website that has a huge lists of shows in chronological order. I am breaking each show from the next by using the
    tag(BREAK TAG). However, i would like to put some space (above and below ) each show/break tag to better differentiate one show from the other and to avoid having them look like they are bleeding into one other. I do not want the listing itself which sometime runs 2 or 3 lines to be affected by the extra spacing between breaktags, ie., just the separate listings themselves.

What is the css trick to do this please? site can be seen on the TV Series page at http://www.charlesfoxmusic.com/new/tvSeries.html

<

p class=”welcomeIntro”>
    Conan – 1997 – (International)

The Hogan Family – 1986-1991 – NBC/CBS – Starring Sandy Duncan, Jason Bateman

The Bobby & Larry Show (Pilot) – 1990 – FOX

A Family for Joe – 1990 – NBC – Starring Robert Mitchum

Mars: Base One (Pilot) – 1988 – CBS

Good Morning, Miss Bliss – 1987 – NBC/Disney Channel

George Burns Comedy Week – 1985 – CBS

drotar
    Participant

i thought this would work but it doesn’t…

br {
    line-height: 40px;
    }

which controls the distance between the break tag. BUT IT DOESN’T

my iPhone and iPad line spacing is a mess. any ideas out there on how to clean this problem up would be greatly appreciated.

br {
    line-height: 40px;
    }

which controls the distance between the break tag.

Paulie_D

I am breaking each show from the next by using the <br> tag(BREAK TAG).

Well this is the problem…

These are separate items so they should each be in their own element…probably a paragraph tag. Then you can use margin or padding.

Frankly though…this looks like a list…why not use one?

Using break tags is not appropriate here…

The HTML <br> element produces a line break in text (carriage-return). It is useful for writing a poem or an address, where the division of lines is significant.

Do not use <br> to increase the gap between lines of text; use the CSS margin property or the <p> element.

MDN

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.