Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I guess i’m blind I can’t find where this RED a:hover on my top nav is located

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    expo703
    Participant

When you hover over my top nav it is changing the text color from black to RED. and I can not find it anywhere this #red color anywhere…can someone help me find were this is coming from in my css?

ty!

Paulie_D

Line 19 of http://www.kaehler1920.com/skin/frontend/novaworks/bearstore/css/presets/_custom_store1.css

#wide-menu #nav > li:hover > a,
    .block-inner-menu h4 { color:#f01c35 !important; }

CameronDuthie
    Participant

It’s coming from “custom store1.css” on line 19.

#wide-menu #nav > li:hover > a, .block-inner-menu h4 {
    color: #f01c35 !important;
    }

I’d remove this if it’s not needed or you could override the particular element in your main css file. If your overriding you’ll need to include, “!important” but if it’s not needed just remove, it keeps things cleaner.

Paulie_D

@expo703

Inspect element using Chrome Developer Tools should always be your first port of call.

Press F12 and go from there…there’s a shipload of information just waiting to be seen.

expo703
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you guys so much lol I couldn’t find it anywhere i’m using google chrome and inspect element and I couldn’t find it…how did you guys find it? just actually by going through source?

expo703
    Participant

> Inspect element using Chrome Developer Tools should always be your first port of call.< Paulie_D Yeah its my best friend but when I was looking at the nav I didn’t see any a:hover’s that were active everything was lined out

Paulie_D

Nope I right-clicked when it was red and inspected and there it was.

SImples.

expo703
    Participant

Thank you nyways :)

CameronDuthie
    Participant

You can also “toggle element state”

Click on an element > toggle element state > choose between :active, :hover, :focus and :visited

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.