Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS i give up. help. (divs overlapping)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    spadooky

all righty, so here is my (unfinished) site:

http://www.heidenautires.com/

when you resize the page, the right content div mushes into the left nav menu. i really need it to not do that.

i’m working from a zen sub-theme in drupal, hence all the extra bits and classes and ids and whatnot.

i am sure it’s something really stupid and i’m just too close to the situation to see what’s going, but i’ve mucked with my wrappers and my content and menu divs and i am two seconds from putting a bullet through my laptop and taking up ceramics again.

i am working in chrome 20, on windows 7, just to cover all that stuff.

thank you all/any in advance.

memunawar

At first i don’t know why you use so many div’s of course its your own choice. the problem comes here at [pages.css:176]

.region-sidebar-first {
    width: 185px;
    margin-left: 150px;
    margin-right: 100px;
    display: block;
    }

the problem is #content is fixed with width in percentage and your sidebar with width in pixels. change the css of that class to

.region-sidebar-first {
    width: 20%;
    margin-left: 5%;
    margin-right: 5%;
    }

Should be working, by now

Regards,
    @md_munawarahmed

spadooky

it’s not really my choice as much as, that’s what zen gave me, and i’m not entirely comfortable going into the template file and commenting out/deleting pieces all willy-nilly. and i originally had .region-sidebar-first at 20%, and the two divs still mashed up, and are continuing to do so. i’ve tried display:block on both the menu and the content, just for kicks… no dice.

Paulie_D

It’s probably the fixed pixel margins you have in..

.region-sidebar-first {
    margin-left: 150px;
    margin-right: 100px;

Try changing them to percentages.

.region-sidebar-first {
    margin-left: 5%;
    margin-right: 5%;

That should work. You can always add a min-width in pixels to your sidebar if you want to maintain a minimum.

Paulie_D

@memunawar Did you edit your post? I don’t recall seeing that solution when I came up with mine.

spadooky

paulie_d, i would kiss you if you were in front of me and of a like mind to receive it. thank you, THANK YOU.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.