Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End hw to add data from html table(rendered from a page) to mysql database using php

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    punithramesh007
    Participant

I have a form which shows results if a proper roll number is entered… the results are fetched from http://results.vtu.ac.in and only the table is shown… now i want to add the data of the table to my database using php.

Is there a way to do it..?

for example if the roll number entered is 1rn10cs006

the page will show the results as Semester: 8 Result: FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION

Subject External Internal Total Result
    Advanced Computer Architectures (06CS81) 59 23 82 P
    System Modeling and Simulation (06CS82) 55 22 77 P
    Project Work (06CS85) 97 97 194 P
    Information and Network Security (06CS835) 59 20 79 P
    Seminar (06CS86) 0 49 49 P
    Programming Languages (06CS846) 60 24 84 P

Total Marks: 565

Now i want the data from this table to be stored to my database so that if the same roll number would search again… the result should be shown from my database and not from results.vtu.ac.in…
    Help me out pls..

__
    Participant

First and foremost, make sure you have permission to do so.

Terms of use
    Site Access
    4. The license to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The license also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
    vtu.ac.in terms of use

“Just because” information is available on the internet does not mean that it is legal or ethical to use it for your own purposes.

Further, in many cases, if you are allowed to use such information, there will be a published API that makes it easier to access. You should definitely look into this possibility.

punithramesh007
    Participant

@traq
    thanks for replying
    but the thing is vtu official website will not publish any api.there r many website which store the result (they wil not use api to access it)..
    so is there any way in php to store in mysql database

__
    Participant

If they will not give you permission to use the information, then you should not be using it.

I’m not saying that it is not possible.
    I’m saying it would be wrong, and might be illegal.

Unless you can get written permission to copy the data (per the site’s TOS), I will not help you to do so.

Best of luck. Don’t get yourself into trouble. : )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.