Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript HTML5 Video

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Manojnaanak
    Participant

hello everyone,

plz tell me which formts support video tag in html?? if it supports only mp4 so plz tell me there is any such script that is convert mp4 format to others format when admin upload a video.

thanx

Paulie_D

http://html5doctor.com/the-video-element/

http://html5doctor.com/multimedia-troubleshooting/

I don’t know of any ‘script’ that will convert a video in one format to another…that’s something you would have to do yourself.

Manojnaanak
    Participant

ok…

dgriesel
    Participant

You can use ffmpeg for transcoding the videos into the different formats. Figuring out the correct command line parameters for your videos will require some extra work.

Here’s what I used for some Full-HD videos:

REM mp4  (H.264 / ACC)
    "ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -b:v 12000k -vcodec libx264 -vpre slow -vpre baseline                                             -g 30 %~n1.mp4

REM webm (VP8 / Vorbis)
    "ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -codec:v libvpx -threads 4 -quality best -vb 12000k -qmin 20 -qmax 63 -acodec libvorbis -ab 190000 -f webm -g 30 %~n1.webm

REM ogv  (Theora / Vorbis)
    "ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -b:v 12000k -vcodec libtheora                           -acodec libvorbis -ab 190000                  -g 30 %~n1.ogv

REM jpeg (screenshot at 10 seconds)
    "ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -ss 00:10 -vframes 1 -r 1 -s 640x360 -f image2 %1.jpg

Put that code in a batch file (on Windows) und run that file with your video as a parameter, like so:

mp4converter.bat "path-to-video.mp4"

To exclude an output format, just put “REM” (without quotes) in front of the line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.