Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other HTML5 video, flowplayer vs. Firefox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    asp
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to make a HTML5 video player. It uses all the necessary formats .mp4 .ogg / .ogv and .webm. In addition I have a flash falback. All this is made in WordPress ass a custom page.

The whole thing works very well in all browsers (even IE) except Firefox. For some reason it can not load .ogg file or the flash falbacken.

I have tried to isolate the problem by removing and adding tags but it has not yielded results. Below is the code I use.

I also load flowplayer3.2.6.min.js in head.

Download video: ID, 'Video', true) ?>.mp4">MP4 format | ID, 'Video', true) ?>.theora.ogv">Ogg format | ID, 'Video', true) ?>.webm">WebM format

Is there anyone else who has had this problem.

Very grateful for answers: D

standuncan

I have not found out the reason why yet, but about 50% of the time I use HTML5 video is will not work in FF <3.6, 6 or 7,even with the correct .ogv/.ogg format. The only half ass pattern I can find is most of the time it is not working is when it is on a subdomain or subdirectory while testing on a shared hosting account. Usually when it is on it’s own hosting account/domain (still a shared server) and it is live I do not see many issues. I just don’t get it.

Lately to remedy this I have been using jwplayer, and it would work for you too. Food for thought.

asp
    Participant

Thanks for the answer.

I just had to paste:

AddType audio/ogg oga ogg
    AddType video/ogg ogv

Into the .htaccess file. Works like a charme ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.